Highlighted

Windows update reset Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned on my computer this morning and found the Windows update reset my entire computer as though is was brand new including Photoshop.  I lost all my bookmarks in Firefox, and all my presets and settings in Photoshop. How to I go back and download the PS version before Window updates? I currently have version 21.2.4.323

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Windows update reset Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned on my computer this morning and found the Windows update reset my entire computer as though is was brand new including Photoshop.  I lost all my bookmarks in Firefox, and all my presets and settings in Photoshop. How to I go back and download the PS version before Window updates? I currently have version 21.2.4.323

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install an older version of Photoshop through the Creative Cloud app. This link shows the steps:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like your Windows user account was reset (although I've never before heard of this happening). Are you sure it's the same login?

In any case, installing a previous Photoshop version won't change anything. Your preferences and settings are in your user account, not in the program files. As long as the application opens you can set them again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have you checked the C drive to see if there's a Windows.old folder, I've never come across a Windows update that would reset the PC without user intervention.

The only thing that I can think of is that your Windows user profile has somehow become corrupt, if that the case then you're out of luck

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out Windows Edge created a temporary profile. I had to get someone to
get in remotely and change it back to the original profile. What a mess.

Kathie Miller
Art of Kathie Miller- Wildlife and Landscape ArtTimeless Creations - Greeting
cards, business cards, t-shirts, mugs and more
Art of Falconry - Falconry art,
graphics and cartoons

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Windows update should have no effect on Photoshop Presets which are stored on your HD.  Are you certain you're logged-in to Creative Cloud with your PAID id and password? 

In Win Explorer, navigate to C: (primary hard drive) > Users > [your name] > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Photoshop CC [version #] > Presets.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0