• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

With my own Brush (name as a Logo) shows also a kind of a background but should be transparent

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did my own Brush with my name as a Logo to my pictures. I create it as a brush template. 

Should be only the letters with a transparent background. But allways if i insert the brush its insert a kind of a opac background in the size of my layer where i create the brush.

I dont know why is this. 

Please help.

Walter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mistake was probably done when creating brush, background wasn't 100% transparent and that was captured in brush. Try creating brush again but this time ensure that you have 100% transparent area around letters before saving brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bojan,
thank you very much for your reply. I ashure that the layer down was completely transparent.
I use differet methods.

Cut out only the letters and open a new layer.
Delete all other layers
Delete all around with ruber

If I save the layer as a png it don't shows no background. I have the problem only if I create it as a brush.

Nevertheless thank you and many greetings.

Walter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Ps and OS? I am testing on Windows version 21.2.6 and everything works fine.

brush testing.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The background just has to be pure white. Black will be opaque, and any shade of gray will be partially transparent. White will disappear. The background does not need to be transparent to make a brush, just white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True but if its not 255,255,255 then it will be captured as shown in OP screenshots. It is enough for bgr to be 248,248,248 to be captured and visible later although it can be percived as white. Transparent will be always safe to ensure any mistake is avoided.

Another valid option is to select letters what will force Ps to capture only what is inside selection as new brush preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good point. I just would usually open a new background and select white as the background (I believe it is white by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines