• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

With PS 22.1 in Select & Mask / Output:"New Layer with Mask" get only the Mask

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using PS 22.1 with MacOSX Mojave 14.6, when I use Select & Mask and output to "New Layer with Mask" I only get the original image on a new layer with a selected mask. Previously, like last week, I would always get a new layer with a selected image and a selected mask. Did Adobe change the software? Tell me how to get a new layer with a selected image with a selected mask. Using the outout "New Layer"; then Cmd clicking that ( to re-select the object); then adding a mask to the layer ( that is now selected is a PAIN! very inconvenient.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a PC and can't replicate the problem.

You could try Preferences > Performance, click on Advanced and turn off Open GL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it, but did not help. Perhaps it is a MacOSX thing. I probably should update MacOSX to the latest . . .  " Big Sur." It's a big step and I am reluctant. I guess I'll just stick the present state and do that work-around. It's a pain as I use Select & Mask a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines