Highlighted

Wordpress "Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons."

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Photoshop imagwas to Wordpress error message "Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons".

I came across a mysterious problem today when the Wordpress media upload system decided that it would not load anything saved with my Photoshop version 19. Yesterday I updgraded my Imac to Catalina. I could still upload old JPGs created in Photoshop and other JPGs but nothing saved today. Images saved as export "save for web" worked.

I have now upgraded Photoshop to 20.0.7 and now images saved as JPGs upload once again to Wordpress media. I am running Wordpress 5.2.4.

Hopefully this is useful to others and my problem has indeed gone, but how exasperating and time consuming to struggle towards a resolution.

Good luck.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Wordpress "Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons."

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Photoshop imagwas to Wordpress error message "Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons".

I came across a mysterious problem today when the Wordpress media upload system decided that it would not load anything saved with my Photoshop version 19. Yesterday I updgraded my Imac to Catalina. I could still upload old JPGs created in Photoshop and other JPGs but nothing saved today. Images saved as export "save for web" worked.

I have now upgraded Photoshop to 20.0.7 and now images saved as JPGs upload once again to Wordpress media. I am running Wordpress 5.2.4.

Hopefully this is useful to others and my problem has indeed gone, but how exasperating and time consuming to struggle towards a resolution.

Good luck.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 31, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Catalina introduced a number of bugs, and the one that you saw was fixed in 20.0.7. See these pages for more info:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2019 1
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, thank you for this information, I wish I had checked this before I upgraded to Catalina! Patrick

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’re welcome, and yes — ask here anytime. We are happy to help!

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a related problem - files saved as jpeg in Photoshop "save for web" on Catalina 10.15.7 and PS 21.2.3 now don't upload to Wordpress (hosted by Wordpress, latest version), same error as OP. If I change/add an extension ".jpg" to the file they work fine. This is annoying as it adds an extra step to the workflow. On older Mac (Mojave & PS 21.2.2) I don't have this issue. Any workaround or preference setting to force PS to save as "jpg" not "jpeg", or other workaround? Thx!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 0