• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Work with brushes in photoshop script

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i wonder is it possible to work with brushes using photoshop scripting? I checked photoshop javascript documentation but I couldn't find anything about brushes. I also tried to record action but that also doesn't work, I tried to use script listener to get ps code, but code wont work also.

My solution was to place one path point and stroke, but for my work that will not help because I cant use paths and strokes in that case.

Is there anything that I missed or don't know, some way how to select desired brush via script and just stamp on layer so I can export later png of each brush. 

Thanks in advance!!!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»My solution was to place one path point and stroke, but for my work that will not help because I cant use paths and strokes in that case.«

Why can’t you use paths? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a script for my work and the working script that I made with the path and stroke that I send them will not work because of this. This is what people that need script told me. So right now I'm looking for a solution to do this without that.

This action/script needs to work in Photoshop Elements as well as Photoshop, and so your idea won't work, since PSE users don't have access to paths.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are having problems with Photoshop Elements you may want to ask over on the Photoshop Elements Forum. 

What is the real aim of the Script anyway? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To export as png each stamp of selected group of brushes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines