• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working image is not on top when I toggle back to Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a minor issue but it's driving me crazy. If I have several image files open in Photoshop, with the most recent one open and on top, and I toggle away to another app (Command+Tab in Mac), when I return to Photoshop that image on top is no longer on top. In fact, it's at the bottom. Then I have to start going through all the images to find it and keep working on it. This started happening a few months ago. How can I ensure the image is on top when I return to Photoshop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Window arrangement (via Window > Arrangement on the menu bar)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't selected any.

But guess what? I just shut it all down; did today's update; relaunched; and now it's working fine.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

arrangement.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just a command; you won't see any checkmark next to the specific arrangement. By default, it's "Consolidate All to Tabs."

Good to hear you have it sorted, though. Do you have your system/apps open all the time? I'll have to keep this in mind if someone else has a similar issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. The problem has returned. I keep Photoshop open all the time and I always keep my working images in separate windows since I'm constantly sizing and resizing them as I work on them. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Typically, the longer a system is on (and not shut down), the more unstable it can become. It's usually wise to restart/reboot a system that's constantly on at least once a day just to keep things fresh and ready.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this now and then on both Mac and Windows, with multiple documents open. One window will keep jumping into focus regardless of what order I set them manually. Haven't been able to consistently reproduce or find a cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply. It's weird that it just started out of nowhere about two months ago. I considered slapping the monitor on its side, but I've learned this rarely fixes software problems. ðŸ˜Š

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines