• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working with text is sluggish even on my new supercomputer

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a new computer, and it’s very fast. Maybe not the world’s fastest – but it’s pretty good. Intel i9 processor, 64GB DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GTX 1660 Graphics card with 6GB RAM. And it handles everything I throw at with ease. Including most Photoshop tasks. Except text tasks. On my old computer, working with text just about brought it to a grinding halt. It was one of many reasons I upgraded. While the new machine is MUCH better with text – it’s still quite sluggish. So I’m here for two reasons. One – I’m simply curious as to WHY working with text is so burdensome on a computer, and two, of course, I’m hoping for a solution.

I’ll be honest – I’m not real clear on how to set the Performance and Scratch Disks in Preferences, so perhaps that’s part of the problem – but really – is text that much of a resource hog?

Thanks in advance…

DB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

The performance of Photoshop might be affected by its optimization or the system's optimization. You can optimize Photoshop by following the steps mentioned here: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

For optimizing your computer please make sure that you keep the operating system and all the drivers up to date.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines