Highlighted

Wow more problems

Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

W 10 Ver.21.2.4  A couple of weeks ago the crop tool opened with a fixed ratio.  I never saw that before, there were two Custom options one worked the other, who knows how it worked (this took 5 mins. of my time).  Today the custom options both disappeared from the list!  Yes and 5 mins. later I found that hitting clear returns it to an open crop!  Adobe why do you do these things, why do you change things just to change them?  With no discernible advantage?  Why, why, WHY?  These are my tools and they must be there in the morning exactly as I left them, settings and all! 

If Snap-on entered in the night and changed torque settings, replaced one end of a hose connection with an incompatible one and then hid a couple of the most popular socket sizes, the returning mechanic would hit the roof in the morning.  Now if the Snap-on rep came back randomly and repeatedly, dropping in during the night to apply a little mischief , pretty soon the mechanic would ratchet the rep.  Would this ever happen?  Of course not it's absurd!!!  How is this different?  It is not!  Yet it happens all the time in this client supplier relationship!  

The fact that I can no longer buy Photoshop means I am forced to return my tools to you nightly, you play with them in my absence, you reset them and you do break them!

Stop touching my tools, I need them to make a living!

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Wow more problems

Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

W 10 Ver.21.2.4  A couple of weeks ago the crop tool opened with a fixed ratio.  I never saw that before, there were two Custom options one worked the other, who knows how it worked (this took 5 mins. of my time).  Today the custom options both disappeared from the list!  Yes and 5 mins. later I found that hitting clear returns it to an open crop!  Adobe why do you do these things, why do you change things just to change them?  With no discernible advantage?  Why, why, WHY?  These are my tools and they must be there in the morning exactly as I left them, settings and all! 

If Snap-on entered in the night and changed torque settings, replaced one end of a hose connection with an incompatible one and then hid a couple of the most popular socket sizes, the returning mechanic would hit the roof in the morning.  Now if the Snap-on rep came back randomly and repeatedly, dropping in during the night to apply a little mischief , pretty soon the mechanic would ratchet the rep.  Would this ever happen?  Of course not it's absurd!!!  How is this different?  It is not!  Yet it happens all the time in this client supplier relationship!  

The fact that I can no longer buy Photoshop means I am forced to return my tools to you nightly, you play with them in my absence, you reset them and you do break them!

Stop touching my tools, I need them to make a living!

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe why do you do these things,"

This is a user-to-user forum, and we are volunteers.

My tools remain set across documents until I change them again, so I can't explain why yours do not. My apologies in asking, but are you the only one who uses PS on this computer?

When your tools don't work as expected, the way to restore them is to right-click the tool in the options bar (not Tools panel) and select Reset tool to put that tool back to its defaults.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0
mal25 LATEST
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

Thanks for responding and you can relax I will stay calm.  Yes I am the only one who uses this computer.  I am talking about updates resetting tool settings, pref.s and leaving bugs in the operations.  As far as resetting to defaults, that is the last thing I want to do, that is what I am complaining about.

My tools, settings and pref.s  stay where I left them too, until they don't.   It seems lately every time there is an update there is a problem, I have used the crop tool daily for more than 15 years, one morning I have updates pending and I do them, I sit down and I can't get an organic crop (non fixed ratio) why is that?  I look around on the options bar, at the buttons present, settings button nothing there, I right click on the crop icon on the tool bar thinking I have the wrong tool, no it's right. I noticed there are digits in the left box and in the two to the right, I look at the drop down in the left window and look for something promising, there really isn't anything because Ratio speaks for it's self  doesn't it.  I did try it but it didn't clear the two fields to the right, so it is a fixed ratio.  There are two that said Custom one did not give the result I needed the other did and I was happy.  This morning an update and I now have same situation with ratio in the left and values in the right, I go to the left drop down and where did the customs go?  Screw around and hit clear and I'm good to go.  The last update creates a debug log everywhere you save a doc. also when I went to canvas size, I, looking at a pair of zeros in the format fields, I'm in a hurry and I spend the morning without canvas size, I can't even remember what the hell I did as an alternative.  I made a post here on the 9th, on the 17th I get a reply from Conrad C; 

"From looking at other posts here, there is a possibility that the update causes Canvas Size to set the default of the Relative option to being enabled. I started Photoshop 21.2.3 on my computer and opened Canvas Size, and sure enough, I was surprised to see that Relative was already enabled. Relative used to default to being disabled, so long-time Photoshop users won’t expect to have to change this setting.

If you find that the Relative option is enabled and you don’t want to enter values that way, disable Relative, and Canvas Size should work the way it used to."

Stupid little thing, silly isn't it, It is annoying, eight days!  I don't have time to troubleshoot.

I have an ongoing problem with my erasers following an update a month or two ago.  I use masks a lot, lots of custom made masks.  One morning after an update I could not draw with the eraser, I would draw a line down the edge of an object and it would not follow my cursor, it just wouldn't go where I directed it.  Again I had no time and now I have less time because I lost a tool, I used the lasso until the job was done. in the end I uninstalled everything Adobe and reinstalled it and that did it, except now there is a major lag between my cursor and the eraser, sometimes it stops short of my stroke, meaning I need to do two but somethings have to be done in one stroke.

When I checked in today on the debug thread saying it was fixed, someone else reported that it has made another bug causing problems with Masks, I use a lot of masks, lots of custom made masks.

I haven't looked into it yet but tomorrow is another day, it'll be a great day only if it remains mine.

Thanks for listening Jane, have a nice day.

Chris

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0