Highlighted

Wrapping Text in Photoshop CC

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to wrap text around a shape in photoshop CC.

I have created a layer with the letter J in it.

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 7.19.41 PM.png

I want to wrap text around the J so that the background is filled and the J is blank. I have tried selecting the area around the J, creating a work path, then going to paths, selecting that work path and then pasting my text into it. The text fills the work path, but goes in front of the J and doesn't wrap around it. It seems to create it's own work path.

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 7.22.59 PM.png

I have watched dozens of videos and read loads of posts, but still can't work out what I'm doing wrong!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Wrapping Text in Photoshop CC

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to wrap text around a shape in photoshop CC.

I have created a layer with the letter J in it.

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 7.19.41 PM.png

I want to wrap text around the J so that the background is filled and the J is blank. I have tried selecting the area around the J, creating a work path, then going to paths, selecting that work path and then pasting my text into it. The text fills the work path, but goes in front of the J and doesn't wrap around it. It seems to create it's own work path.

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 7.22.59 PM.png

I have watched dozens of videos and read loads of posts, but still can't work out what I'm doing wrong!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only wrap text around an image but also fit the text to ANY shape using this super easy technique in Photoshop! In this tutorial, learn how to use the pe...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines