Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Write Permissions: a fight at random times

New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

Despite owning my own computer, having only one acconut and no one else to give permissions to, I get the previous message. When I get that message, I have to save the file to another location, go into windows explorer, and copy/paste it over the old one. This happens with PSD and the quick export function for PNG. There's NO write permission issues on the machine, as I'm the one who created both files and folders.

What am I doing to make this happen?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From the screen shot of the error message, I can't tell if that is a Mac or Win message. However, Both Mac OS and Win 10 have been tightening security recently. I'm seeing that issue on some Win 10 files. If you are on Win 10, use the file explorer to find the folder in question, right click, choose properties and click the security tab. That will show you what the permissions are and allow you to change them. Mac OS has a similar function.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines