Highlighted

Writing photoshop editing book, am i allowed to sell?

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am a horse photographer with a particular style of editing. Many of my followers are eager to learn my ways. Now I want to write a book about Photoshop editing and sell this book to my followers.

Am I allowed to sell a book that is written about Photoshop and Lightroom? Or do I need special permission since Photoshop has certain rights?

Couldn't find anything on the website about this question. I have seen many other photographers writing books about Photoshop editing. Just want to be sure.

Thanks, Emma

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Writing photoshop editing book, am i allowed to sell?

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am a horse photographer with a particular style of editing. Many of my followers are eager to learn my ways. Now I want to write a book about Photoshop editing and sell this book to my followers.

Am I allowed to sell a book that is written about Photoshop and Lightroom? Or do I need special permission since Photoshop has certain rights?

Couldn't find anything on the website about this question. I have seen many other photographers writing books about Photoshop editing. Just want to be sure.

Thanks, Emma

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 14, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are creating a derivative or work of art in legal terms. Nothing more needs to be said. Adobe has no hold over your art in any capacity whatsoever, which is the point. Of course you may want to put a standard disclaimer somewhere about registered trademarks and names, but that's pretty much it.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 1