Highlighted

wrong color display on in canvas transparency grid, swatches and thumbnails

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing some strange problem for some time. whenever I create a new photoshop file I get the canvas and the whites in swatches displayed as a yellowish color (as shown on the right side). But when I open an existing image or choose "clipboard",  I get the white shown normal, as it is supposed to be. Where can I reset this? I don't know how it happened. I opened photoshop once some time ago, suddenly got it like on the right side.

Thanks in advance

photoshop_color_problem.jpg

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

wrong color display on in canvas transparency grid, swatches and thumbnails

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing some strange problem for some time. whenever I create a new photoshop file I get the canvas and the whites in swatches displayed as a yellowish color (as shown on the right side). But when I open an existing image or choose "clipboard",  I get the white shown normal, as it is supposed to be. Where can I reset this? I don't know how it happened. I opened photoshop once some time ago, suddenly got it like on the right side.

Thanks in advance

photoshop_color_problem.jpg

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is most likely caused by a defective monitor profile. Photoshop relies on a sound and correct monitor profile to display correct colors. The profile may have become corrupted, or a Windows update has installed a low quality profile from the monitor manufacturer. These profiles are often defective out of the box.

As troubleshooting, and as a possible temporary fix, try setting the monitor profile to sRGB (use Adobe RGB if you have a wide gamut monitor). If this fixes the issue, it is recommended that you calibrate the monitor with a hardware calibrator. This will also create and install a custom monitor profile that describes your monitor accurately.

To set the monitor profile to sRGB, press the Windows key + R, type colorcpl in the box and press Enter.

Add the sRGB profile, then set it as default.

color-management.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0