Wrong extention

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i saved a important image as a .OMG file accidentally i checked my Autorecover folder and its empty is there any way i can recover the original .PSD or convert it from a .OMG to .JPG

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly how did you save it? Exact steps.

You can't "convert" files. They are encoded to disk specific to the file type, so you have to reopen and resave as the new file type. However, if you saved the file and then just typed a new extension in error, simply retype the correct extension.

(I first thought .omg was a joke, but it turns out it's a legitimate extension used by O&O DiskImage, a disk image creation and backup application).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you started from PSD files those files should still exist. I you just add layers and never save a psd you never had psd file you only had open layered documents.  How were you able to save disk image OMG file from Photoshop?  Photoshop does not seem to have support for OMG file extension.

Do you have some Photoshop add on you not telling us about?

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the original file was saved as a .psd on disk and you accidentally renamed it to .omg using the file system, then you should just be able to rename it back to .psd and it will be fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines