• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

wth

New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened to Adobe Photoshop 6? Why is my program not working any more? & why does my lightroom keep crashing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop version 6 was released 21 years  ago. Windows Me,  Windows XP, Mac OSX 10.0 Cheeta Time Frame.  Which of these OS version  are you running and have a problem with Photoshop 6?  Did you try resetting your Photoshop 6 preferences. Resetting Preferences is the first thing you should do when Photoshop stops working correctly.  Corrupt Preferences can case all sorts of Photoshop problems.

I do no install Lightroom I do not know what you should do when Lightroom stop working. Check to see if its library databases are intact.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean Photoshop CS6? Assume you're running a Mac? Which operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, CS6. I forgot the issue I was having with CS6, but with lightroom, I had to uninstall LR5 and go back to using LR4 because it would crash multiple times during use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...to cont; now I have to turn off updates because it won't update on the computer I'm using because the computer I'm using won't update (2010 too old) 😕 *I did buy a new mac mini, but these programs won't d.l. to the mini because Adobe wants everyone to join their new monthly plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a new Apple Silicon mini, you cannot use the older software regardless. It is incompatible and unsupported. The current solution is the Creative Cloud subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

but these programs won't d.l. to the mini because Adobe wants everyone to join their new monthly plan.

Adobe is fine with people using their perpetual licenses as long as they run on the computers on which they have been activated, I guess. 

Expecting a program that has been obsolete for about a decade to run on a new computer seems unjustifyably optimistic as neither the OS version, nor relevant parts of the hardware existed when support for that program ceased. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... & why does my lightroom keep crashing?

Before we can try to help, we need more and detailed informations about your environment.

Which version of Lightroom do you use?

Operating system and version number

Please post the exact version number and not only phrases like "recent", "latest" and so on.

The full text of any error message (s)

What you were doing when the problem occurred

Screenshots of the problem and/or error messages

Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; the amount of RAM; etc

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines