Highlighted

X Above Images I HAVE JUST DOWNLOADED OFF MY CAMERA

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded 60 images off my camera.  When I checked them to make sure they would open Ok, etc. I found that 49 of the images had an X just above the image.  11 of them did not.  All the images I checked opened Ok, but I did not check them further.  Usually I delete images off my Flash card just as I soon as I know they are on my computer, check them for opening and back them up.  In this case I am going to leave the images on the flash card until I know they are OK.  I am a long-time use of Adobe Photoshop, but am certainly not an expert.  I am posting a screenshot of what the X looks like above the images.  This is only the 2nd time this has happened.  The first time was about a month ago with some images I had scanned from 35mm slides.  Would appreciate any input.  Thanks much.

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

X Above Images I HAVE JUST DOWNLOADED OFF MY CAMERA

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded 60 images off my camera.  When I checked them to make sure they would open Ok, etc. I found that 49 of the images had an X just above the image.  11 of them did not.  All the images I checked opened Ok, but I did not check them further.  Usually I delete images off my Flash card just as I soon as I know they are on my computer, check them for opening and back them up.  In this case I am going to leave the images on the flash card until I know they are OK.  I am a long-time use of Adobe Photoshop, but am certainly not an expert.  I am posting a screenshot of what the X looks like above the images.  This is only the 2nd time this has happened.  The first time was about a month ago with some images I had scanned from 35mm slides.  Would appreciate any input.  Thanks much.

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That screengrab isn't from Photoshop is it?

What do your images look like in Adobe Bridge?

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back.

The screenshot was made of some of the images which were in a folder I use to process them in Photoshop. I had opened some of the images in Photoshop and they looked good. Photoshop was open at the time I did the screen shot.

The images look fine in Adobe Bridge.

I had not, however, opened the images and gone through all of the camera data, etc., which will be in FILE INFO.

I just opened an image off of Bridge. Then I went through all of the FILE INFO. Of course, there isn’t much there because I haven’t processed the image. However, the Raw Data for an image in FILE INFO looks complete.

As far as I can tell the images are all good. I’m just concerned as to how the Xs are getting there and why. I down loaded over 200 images off this same Flash Card the other day - no X’s.

Again, thanks for you response. Maybe you’ll have the answer I’m hoping to get.

flb

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0