Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

X and Y location are wrong when running scripts

Contributor ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi forum.

I am running 2 scripts to find the X and Y locations of the layer object.  The 2 scripts have different results conflicting to what Photoshop says for the X and Y location. They are off by some pixels of the result. So what's causing this issue? and should I use PS X & Y locations because it's the right one I assume?

thank you.

X_Y-Locations.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

The Info panel and scripts are displaying info about different layers.The info palette i displaying a layer 3PX by 3PX the script are displaying a layer with a 7PX by 7PX layer bounds. One layer has 9 Pixels the other layer 49 pixels

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Info panel and scripts are displaying info about different layers.The info palette i displaying a layer 3PX by 3PX the script are displaying a layer with a 7PX by 7PX layer bounds. One layer has 9 Pixels the other layer 49 pixels

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply.

I understood what I was doing wrong, The info pallete is not giving the X & Y location with the layer FX applied to it. This object has outer glow applied to it. So the info pallete is giving the dimensions and X & Y locations based on the primitive object. But the script is including the boundaries of the layer FX glow. 

Kind regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines