Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Xp-Pen Deco 01 V2 crashes Photoshop and other apps

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Everytime I use my Xp-Pen Deco 01 V2 with Photoshop or any other Adobe app, the app starts to crash and the adobe loading cursor appears - I left it for even 30 minutes and it was still spinning. 

Why is this happening? How do I fix it?

Thank you

Marta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marta,

We're sorry about the trouble while using the XP-Pen with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the version of Photoshop you are using along with your computers operating system?

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the drivers for the XP-Pen Deco to check if that helps? If not, please try re-installing the drivers to check if that helps. You can also check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/tablet-support-faq-photoshop.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikunj, 

Thank you for helping me.

I'm using Photoshop 2020 - 21.2.1 release and I have a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016) - Mac OS Catalina version 10.15.6.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the drivers for the XP-Pen Deco but it's not working. 

Thank you 

Kidnest regards,

Marta 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marta,

We're sorry that the issue persists. The XP-Pen tablets are not officially supported. You can try adding the XP-Pen drivers to the Accessibility list for macOS Catalina to check if that helps.

To do that, go to the System Preferences of your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab. Select Accessibility from the list on the left. You can add the drivers to the list by unlocking the window using the lock icon at the bottom right and then clicking the "+" sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikunj,

I am having the exact same issue. I have a Xp-Pen Deco Mini 7. I have reinstalled the drivers and the tablet works fine with all other programs including Painter and ArtRage.

When I go into Photoshop 2020 and use the brush it will draw the first line, but then when I go to make a second line the spinning cursor starts and I can't do anything in Photoshop.

I am using Mac OS X Catalina with Photoshop 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with the latest version of the XP-Pen drivers. When I downgraded to the October 2019 version of the drivers (which I fortunately had an old copy of) then the tablet seems to work properly with Photoshop so I think it is likely a problem with the updated XP-Pen drivers not Photoshop itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have experienced the same issue under Mac OS X Catalina with the latest versions of Photoshop (21.1+) and the latest Xp-Pen drivers (I am using a Deco-03 tablet). 

As a temporary fix, I have downgraded Photoshop to version 21.0 and I can use the brush again. According to MusicalJealousy, it seems that downgrading the Xp-Pen drivers also solves the problem. So it is not clear to me where does the problem come from...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop while using the XP-Pen Deco. Please check out the conversation here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/tablet-pen-lift-causes-photoshop-2020-to-hang...

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines