• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

yellow screen in photoshop

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a yellow screen in Photoshop 2020, how can I fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It could be either an issue with your monitor profile or GPU related, what operating system are you using and what are your computer system specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That very much fits the description of a bad monitor profile from the manufacturer, probably distributed through Windows Update. Incorrect white point remapping is a classic.

To check that, replace your current monitor profile with sRGB IEC61966-2.1. Relaunch Photoshop so it can load the new profile at startup:

Displayprofile_10_3.png

If that clears it, you cannot use that profile. Use a calibrator to make a new profile, or use sRGB as a temporary solution until you get one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
The defined profile is as you mentioned- sRGB IEC61966-2.1- screenshot attached.
The problem with the yellow screen only appears in Photoshop software and not the rest of the software - what could be the problem if the profile is set correctly. If this is a GPU, shouldn't this affect the display of all the software? I will be happy to support and support you soon. Thanks Tali

trigger-yelloe-screen-in-PS.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I did not understand the answer - How can the yellow screen problem in Photoshop be fixed? Can't figure out the answers - if it's not the profile, then how can I fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A monitor profile issue only affects colour managed applications that use that profile to display correct colours. If it is broken then colour managed applications will display inaccurately. Other applications which are not colour managed . ignore the profile.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so you are saying Photoshop 2019 is not color managed?

I checked and 2020 is the only one white display as yellow, 2019 profile white is white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your monitor profile is broken. See my reply in the other thread you posted to.

A broken profile can affect applications differently depending on a number of factors. The profile is not working correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would suggest a corrupted monitor display profile, try temporarily selecting sRGB as the monitor display profile (in the control panel) and see if the issue goes away. 

Then get a decent display profile - yopu'll need a calibrator like i1display for that.

I hope this helps

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines