• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Your opinion of a great PS computer

Contributor ,
Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am curious to know what computer Photoshop users prefer. I often have Bridge, Camera Raw and Photoshop running at the same time, which slows down everything  painfully -- I am talking minutes, not seconds, despite the fact that my computer has 4GB of memory & is 3.2GHz. If it were newer, I might just get a new graphics card, but bordering on ten years (iMac A1311 2010), it doesn't seem such a good idea, since other parts may start failing, at this point. I would like to get a laptop, but from past experience, I usually figure out exactly what I want, shortly after purchasing new equipment, so I thought that asking people running exactly the same software that I am would be the best course of action. I would prefer to hear what users have to say, positive or not, rather than a sales spiel.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A 64bit operating system uses enough of that 4Gig of memory that there is very little left to run one program at a time, let alone 3

My opinion (I don't work for Adobe) is 16Gig is the absolute minimum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JohnTSmith. I will keep that in mind while looking. I am also interested in hearing brand names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buy the best desktop/workstation  and graphics card you can afford.  And don't scrimp on memory or primary SSD drive capacity.   IMO you get more bang for your buck with a Windows PC than a Mac.  But that's up to you.  

Start with the minimum system requirements but keep in mind that these are merely baseline recommendations   Depending on the type of work you do (3D, filters, plugins, etc...)  you will probably need a faster chip and more hard disk, RAM and VRAM than what's recommended below.

Recommended Content Creation Workstation for Photoshop Users

https://www.pugetsystems.com/solutions/content_creation/index.php

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem your having with speed is that your computer has 4GB Memory for running Bridge, Camera Raw and Photoshop I would recommend 8GB memory which is the iMac baseline these days. If your budget permits I'd say go for 16GB of more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines