Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

your scatchdisk is full

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using PS 2020 on Mac and very frequently im getting the error "your scatchdisk is full". 

Mac Os Catalina. 10.15.6 (19G73)

Macbook Pro Retina 2012. 16GB Ram, 20GB free disk space (one drive only)

Im working on files 10-100mb big.

I used Purge, Im restarting PS, Mac, but the error keeps apearing. It looks it doesnt matter how big the scratchdisk is, PS sooner or later run our of space.

Please advice.

Karel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20 GB free is not a lot.

When I start Photoshop here it uses 5GB scratch disk space before I open a document. Depending on what I'm doing, the scratch disk can go much higher.

You need to free up space on your disk or add another disk.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. i would bet ps used to be less memory hungry. so how much memory is enough?

karel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020-08-27_15-42-59.png

I have it set up like this and you can also use an external drive if you want

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows10Home64-bit/IntelCorei7-4810MQ CPU@2.80GHz/16GBRAM/NvidiaGeForceGTX880M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have 64GB RAM here and often see the scratch disk going 20-30GB, occasionally much higher. No problem here as I have 1TB free on my main scratch disk

Now I'm not suggesting you need 1TB free, but 100GB would seem prudent, particularly if you are hitting the limit with 20GB

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines