• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom tool doesnt work properly after resizing.

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what happens when i resize.

1. Zoom works well, ctrl+space drag zooms in and out. 

2. When i resize my canvas, ctrl+alt+i , all black lines suddenly have a red tint.

3. Zooming with ctrl+space drag doesnt work anymore, it just creates "zoom into selection box" function.

4. Restarting fixes the zoom and black>red lines. 

I dont want to restart everytime i resize the canvas. This only happened to me after updating to v21.2.4 from v19.something ( v19 version right before the freetransform change )

Please help ! I dont want to close and reopen everytime a resize happens... 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Of course I should have asked you to restart your computer instead of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first thought might be the settings file. Try resetting your preferences first. Save your workspace so you can come back to it. It will default to essentials. Then under Edit > Preferences > General:

reset prefs 2020.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences doesnt seem to solve the issue for me.

- When the zoom tool crashes/malfunctions, animated zoom isnt working as well. ( ctrl + and - ) 

- Checking Preferences > Tools > Animated zoom, it is checked. Just malfunctioning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can reset the Zoom Tool. Right-click on the Zoom Tool in the Options bar.

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 11.17.39 AM.png

I do not like animated zoom and I always leave it unchecked because it tends to keep zooming after I stop. When I stop moving the mouse, I want the zoom to stop, not slow to a stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, before i reset, it seemed to have fixed on its own.

What i did was resize smaller, and the zoom tool worked. Now resizing bigger doesnt "crash" the zoom tool anymore.

Black lines doesnt seem to change to the red tint anymore, but on the image resize preview, its red. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the Image Size dialog box is open, press and hold down your Alt key. Cancel button will change to Reset. Click on that to get the Image Size to defaults.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course I should have asked you to restart your computer instead of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its not the size issue, the lines just have a red tint. Weird. :S Anyways thanks. Will update if anything pops up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines