Highlighted

Zoom with tablet pen (wacom pro pen 2) does not work with "Zoom with scroll wheel" selected

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the "Zoom with scroll wheel" setting is checked, my intuos tablet and pro pen 2 will no longer zoom the canvas.

I have my pen buttons (on the side of pen) set to "zoom" and "pan/scroll" respectively, and sometimes I alternate using the mouse and pen.  I do not like having to hold alt and pointing the mouse directly on the canvas to zoom with the scroll wheel, so setting it to zoom with scroll wheel only feels much more natural and better, however, this setting somehow interferes with my pens ability to zoom and I cannot figure out why.

EDIT/SOLVED: Changing this setting in photoshop changes the binding of zoom to the scroll wheel, and this binding in the wacom pen settings panel is actually mapped to "Scroll..."

Solution: went to Wacom Tablet Properties app, select pen, and under Pen tab, change the mapping for the desired button. Choose from the menu: Navigation -> Scroll... to reset the button to the new binding for zooming within photoshop.

Topics

How to, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Zoom with tablet pen (wacom pro pen 2) does not work with "Zoom with scroll wheel" selected

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the "Zoom with scroll wheel" setting is checked, my intuos tablet and pro pen 2 will no longer zoom the canvas.

I have my pen buttons (on the side of pen) set to "zoom" and "pan/scroll" respectively, and sometimes I alternate using the mouse and pen.  I do not like having to hold alt and pointing the mouse directly on the canvas to zoom with the scroll wheel, so setting it to zoom with scroll wheel only feels much more natural and better, however, this setting somehow interferes with my pens ability to zoom and I cannot figure out why.

EDIT/SOLVED: Changing this setting in photoshop changes the binding of zoom to the scroll wheel, and this binding in the wacom pen settings panel is actually mapped to "Scroll..."

Solution: went to Wacom Tablet Properties app, select pen, and under Pen tab, change the mapping for the desired button. Choose from the menu: Navigation -> Scroll... to reset the button to the new binding for zooming within photoshop.

Topics

How to, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?