Copied

Hi, what's happened to Zoomify? It's no longer under File - Export - Zoomify

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

edit* just got done with Adobe customer service on this issue. The tech used remote assist and moved the presets folder from the previous version into the newer version, worked like a charm and now I can once again zoomify my large image portfolio and share it via gigapan, gigamacro and my own sites. awesome, I was quite a bit upset at this, all good now. Thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, it seems to be the same here; you may want to post a Report over on 

Photoshop Family

Hopefully an Adobe employee can confirm if that was a deliberate decision or a »fluke«. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response and suggestion. I'll report it right away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've just been informed that Zoomify was intentionally removed. I've politely asked for a reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect it may have been »house-cleaning« then – removing a feature that (at least according to Adobe’s research) is not popularly used. 

Do you still have Photoshop 2020 installed? If not you may want to re-install it before the next full version is released. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It needs to be put back in. I cannot update photoshop because of this. I want this feature, it is invaluable to me.I also had a thread here about it but for some reason can not find it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edit* just got done with Adobe customer service on this issue. The tech used remote assist and moved the presets folder from the previous version into the newer version, worked like a charm and now I can once again zoomify my large image portfolio and share it via gigapan, gigamacro and my own sites. awesome, I was quite a bit upset at this, all good now. Thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm glad it's working for you now, but here's some more info for you in case you need it in the future.

Adobe Help says:

"Export to Zoomify: The Zoomify command was removed. Visit http://www.zoomify.com to create and preview Zoomify content."

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/web-graphics.html#export_to_zoomify

Zoomify has their own web page, so you can always get it as a plugin if it's something you need. I don't use it, but I see that there is a free version as well as several levels of paid versions. 

http://www.zoomify.com/

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But now they want us to pay 80$ for something that was free before? 

https://exchange.adobe.com/creativecloud.details.105823.zoomable-for-adobe-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Disclaimer: I never liked Zoomify, so I didn't use it except to teach it when it was in the Classroom in a Book. I know that it was Flash-based then, but is now HTML5. As a volunteer who does not work for Adobe, I don't know why it's no longer included with Photoshop.

According to this MacWorld article from 2002, it sold for USD $129, so there was always a paid version.

https://www.macworld.com/article/1007015/zoom.html

The link I posted earlier has a button to go to this page for a free version. Here is the direct link. You might try this to see it works for you. I hope it does.

http://www.zoomify.com/free.htm

I wonder if "Zoomable" on the Adobe Exchange and "Zoomify" on their own website are the same or different. The one that was included in PS was called "Zoomify".

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»I don't know why it's no longer included with Photoshop.«

I think on the Bug Report @J453 mentioned security issues relating to flash. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think they are related as they use different viewers. Based on the product information from Adobe Exchange, Zoomable is based on an open source viewer called OpenSeadragon. Also, unlike Zoomify, you can use the viewer locally.

It's too bad that Adobe dropped the Zoomify export after having it for more than a decade (since CS3, if not earlier). I'm guessing the showstopper was Zoomify couldn't get their viewer to work locally. In other words, you have to upload the files to a web server to see the results. It used to work but as browsers toughened up the security settings, it broke their viewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pixelblaster wrote:

It's too bad that Adobe dropped the Zoomify

That's conjecture. We don't know if Adobe dropped Zoomify or if Zoomify pulled out from Adobe. We do know that:

• Zoomify is no longer included with Photoshop
  • Zoomify has always had a paid version
  • Zoomify is still available as a stand-alone product
  • Zoomable is not Zoomify

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Photoshop removed it. I was chatting to David Urbanic, the President at Zoomify a couple of months ago. He was unaware until I informed him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.. That's pretty crappy.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines