Highlighted

Zooming ,Scrolling and Hand Tool Sluggish Photoshop 20.0.6 Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing annoying lagging when using hand tool or zooming/scrolling. Specifically when I hit spacebar for example to move canvas around, it freezes for split second and only then moves. When I hold spacebar for 1 second and move, then it moves without any lag. I tried updating Nvidia drivers, tried all options in PS performace, nothing helps.

Win10 x64, geForce 1050 TI, 2 monitors, one 1440p at 60Hz, other 1080p at 60Hz.

Thank you

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Please update Photoshop to version 21.0.1 which is the most recent version and let us know if that helps with the performance.

TOPICS
Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Zooming ,Scrolling and Hand Tool Sluggish Photoshop 20.0.6 Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing annoying lagging when using hand tool or zooming/scrolling. Specifically when I hit spacebar for example to move canvas around, it freezes for split second and only then moves. When I hold spacebar for 1 second and move, then it moves without any lag. I tried updating Nvidia drivers, tried all options in PS performace, nothing helps.

Win10 x64, geForce 1050 TI, 2 monitors, one 1440p at 60Hz, other 1080p at 60Hz.

Thank you

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Please update Photoshop to version 21.0.1 which is the most recent version and let us know if that helps with the performance.

TOPICS
Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 13, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ethan,

Sorry to hear about slow performance of Photoshop, could you please try enabling "Legacy compositing" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Also, what version of Photoshop you're working on? You can check the version by going to Help > System Info

You may also try optimizing the performance by following the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying. I'm on 20.0.6 Release.

Turning to Legacy compositing improved it slightly. There is still a lag, but less so than before.

Do you think that maybe GTX 1050Ti graphics card running 2 monitors, 1080p and 1440p at 60Hz might be just too weak to handle Photoshop at the same time and might cause this sluggish performance?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating fixed it, thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super annoyed that PS is getting buggy and many tools are laggy.  The hand tool has a slight initial freeze everytime I use it.  For those of us who have been using PS for 20+ years we shouldn't see tools getting worse in terms of performance.

Threadripper 3790x workstation running the latest version of Windows 10.  GTX 1080 gpu (x3). 128GB memory.  I shouldn't be seeing lag.

Where I'm seeing lag with other tools...

- stamp tool / healing brush (had to turn of preview in selection area to get the speed back)

- the 'new' pen tool is laggy where the old one could lay down and manipulate points in real-time

- gradation tool lag

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For everyone still facing this issue. I had horrible lag when using hand tool. For my system setup (which is away above PS requirements) I had to go under Edit - Preferences (ctrl + K) - Performance - Graphics Processor Settings (right side) - Advanced Settings; and check "Use OpenCL". Quit and restart. 

That worked for me. Cheers!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0