• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

beginner's question

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2011 Feb 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i am a beginner in postscrpt programming. could anybody explain how to write ps-files

yourself (rather than to use other software), so that it could be seen in GSview,

basically what is the internal format of the ps-files. The idea is to write a subroutine

in C++ to create a *.ps files. may be sonmeone could give a short example

using standard text "hello, world !" and inserting some picture as an example.

thanks.

TOPICS
Programming

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 01, 2011 Feb 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Goldov,

My suggestion is to start by learning the PostScript languge via Adobe's "Green", "Blue", and "Red" books:

The blue book is the PostScript Tutorial and Cookbook to get you started.

The green book is the PostScript Program Design book for learning good practice and concepts.

The red book is the PostScript Language Reference book that defines all PostScript commands and deals with advanced concepts, color models, etc.

This is what I started with many years ago, along with a PostScript viewing application which probably does what GSview does. I write and maintain database to PostScript drivers in RPG running on IBM System i5's as well as "C" language workflow automation applications for part of a PostScript based Prepress Workflow system. Again, start at the beginning.

To follow the examples all you need is a basic text editor ("notepad" on Windows).

Once you have started through the tutorial and have questions or get stuck, then come back to the forum and post. That will narrow the field of your questions and probably increase the number of experienced users that will respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines