• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can PostScript Help to Solve this problem?

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2010 Aug 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am new to the Great PostScript. If any expert can advice me to decide whether to use PostScrip to solve the following problem :-  To organize a collection of TIFF images in a desired Row/Column-wise and print/preview it as if in a single page. Images are dissimilar in height and width.

Thanks & Regards,

prasad

TOPICS
Programming

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 10, 2010 Aug 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of years ago I wrote a set of PostScript routines to handle TIFF images directly in PostScript

(analogous to the image operator). These procedures also provide access to the complete IFD

of a TIFF image but in the general case require access to a seekable file system where the images

reside except for images where the IFD immediatele precedes the image data).

So with the holp of this procset, you may write a PostScript program which imposes and renders

TIFF images in rows and columns on a page.

Drop me an e-mail at h dot blischke at acm dot org if you are interested in that procset.

Helge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2010 Aug 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Helge,

My sincere thanks for your reply in time. I am very new to this PostScript and also very much interested to know about the 'procset' which mentioned here. Sure I will drop a mail.

Thanks & Regards.

prasad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines