• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading PostScript printer driver for PM 7

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2009 Jun 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wanting to convert some of my PM files to PDF.  I know I need a PostScript printer driver to do so, but when I go to Adobe downloads I can't find one.  I have clicked on several links that I thought would download the driver (b/c it said click here to download), but they have all sent me back to the downloads home page.....

someone please help me out of this loop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2009 Jun 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

isn't all this on the install CD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2009 Jun 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the CD's.  All this stuff is on a former employee's PC, and it was their program.  They took the CDs with them.  Adobe website says it is downloadable..... so I should be able to download it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is it depends on your platform (I'll assume Wndows) and your version of it.

The PS Driver is now part of the standard WinXP installation.

All the Windows PS drivers are here: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=44&platform=Windows

The Mac PS drviers are here: http://www.adobe.com/products/printerdrivers/macintosh.html

Here's an extreact from how to install the PS Driver for windows, but note it's Win2K - because PM is now obsolete.

2. Install the Adobe Postscript Driver

Note: You don't need to have a Postscript Printer actually attached to your computer, you just need to have the Adobe Postscript Printer Driver installed.

There is a copy of the Adobe Postscript Driver on the PM7 application CD, but I strongly recommend that you install the latest version, which is 5.2, and uses the Universal PostScript Windows Driver Installer 1.0.6. It can be downloaded from Adobe's download site and will automatically detect your version of Windows and install the appropriate files.

pssetup.gif

Make sure you set your default page size when the Properties window appears.

genericpsprinterproperties.gif

This will create a Printer called "Generic PostScript Printer".

printers.gif

You may have to re-boot your computer at this point.

(There's more about installing Distiller, but I'm having difficulty uploading a few small GIFs.)

Iechyd da! John
16:39 26/06/2009 BST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Sorted - that was a pain.  What's up with this site?)

3. Install Distiller from the PM7 application CD.

If you have not yet installed the Adobe Postscript Driver, click here for details

pm7installmenu.gif

Run the Setup. I strongly recommend choosing the "Custom" option. Complete the Setup.

distillersetup.gif

distillercustom.gif

The Printer "Acrobat Distiller" has now been installed. This is a virtual printer which takes the output from PageMaker and sends it to Adobe Acrobat Distiller. Distiller converts that output into a PDF.

distillerprinter.gif

Setup creates a "PDF port". The actual folder name of the port depends on your version of windows and if you have accounts for other users.

pdfport.gif

You can also check your default page size.

distillerproperties.gif

Iechyd da! John
16:49 26/06/2009 BST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to download Post Script Printer Driver  free.But I can't do this. I'm necessary this driver. Please help me.I'm trying to export pdf files by using Pagemaker 7.0  .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be helpful if you told us if you have a Mac or Windows PC, but really all you need is the installation CD, details in Post #3 above.

If you have a recent version of Mac OS or Windows Vista or later, then it's a non-starter - go and get InDesign as PM is now well past its eat-by date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines