• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing PS file To Change Font Size for different text areas

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2008 Apr 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the default font size set to 9.5, but where it says "Test One" on line 616, I want to change the font size to 16, and leave the rest 9.5 (for "Test Two and Test Three".

How would I do this? I have tried several programs to change the font size, but I either can't get anywhere, or if I change it, it saves the changes in binary!

Any help would be appreciated!

The file is located here: http://www.pastebin.ca/1003533 (might have to scroll down?)

Thanks.
TOPICS
Programming

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 01, 2008 May 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the PS code has been generated by the a2ps utility, which uses the default font size as well to advance to the next line of text, you would have to decide if you are going to change the font size only or in addition the advance to the next line of text.

Both variants are possible but require not only PostScript programing skills but a certain understanding of how a2ps works as well to avoid undesirable side effects.

From the contents of your example I suspect you are interested in sort of a "how to", aren't you?

Helge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2008 May 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I was able to use xxxfont setfont (where xxxfont is a previously defined font style and size) before the "Test One" line and then set xxxfont setfont again after the "Test One" for the rest of the text.

This worked, but I was using mpage to generate postscript from an ascii file. I decided to switch to a2ps and haven't quite figured out how to manipulate the font sizes for particular lines of text.

I would like to have two different font sizes, one by a2ps (where I'm using --font-size) and a custom one, that I will probably have to inject using a script, to change the first text area line (Test One) to a larger, block or bold-like font.

I had this somewhat working with mpage and a script to add my second font, but I couldn't ever get the margins correct when it came out of my label printer. It worked, but not quite right. With a2ps I was able to set the correct margins, now I just need to figure out how to add a second font!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines