• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install persistent T1 fonts on laserjet?

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a HPLJ2420. It has a Compact Flash slot and I put a 256 MB card in. I would like to put PS fonts on it so they are permanently available.

I can't find any utility that lets me do that (HP's Web JetAdmin purports to, but I can't get that running properly; and it's a huge hog of a program anyway.)

After initializing the card, the printer can display a file directory. It shows 3 directories:

0:\PermStore

0:\PostScript

0:\PJL

I'm unable to find any references, but I assume that the printer reads and executes/installs whatever it finds there on booting.

It has a format that cannot be read in a card reader connected to a PC (at least when I tried it), so I can't prep it  that way. But I think I can use PJL commands to put files on the card in the printer.

So what file format should a Type 1 font be to be recognised and installed?

I'd guess something like PFA, maybe with some magic added.

Has anyone any suggestions or already have solved this?

TOPICS
Programming

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hewlett-Packard Laserjet printers haven't used Adobe PostScript for well over 20 years. Since the question you are asking is specific to Hewlett-Packard's emulation of Adobe PostScript and involves manufacturer and model-dependent issues, we would most strongly recommend you contact Hewlett-Packard support (or any support forums they may have) for this product.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines