Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OCR A font

Feb 01, 2010 Feb 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a OCR A font for Postscript that can be loaded to postscript printer?

I have an application where I am applying a postscript file to a spool file, and some of the data in spool file I want to print in OCR A font.  What is easiest way to do this?

Dale

TOPICS
Programming

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 01, 2010 Feb 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does indeed license an OCR A font. See http://store4.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?store=OLS-US&event=displayFontPackage&code=1501 for the OpenType version or http://store4.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?store=OLS-US&event=displayFont&code=OCRA1000600... and http://store4.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?store=OLS-US&event=displayFont&code=OCRA1100500... for the more obsolete Type 1 versions of the font.

Typically, these days we don't "load a font to a PostScript printer" but rather, install the font on your host computer and let your application send the font within the PostScript generated by the system's PostScript driver.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 05, 2010 Feb 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dov,

Thanks,

I bought the OCR A font from Adobe, and installed in on a computer here, my postscript file is still not finding font

/OCRAStd findfont 12 scalefont setfont } def

Is the command I am using in postscript file to set font.

I even load ATM 4.1 on machine.

Microsoft Word sees the font.

Am I missing something

Thanks,

Dale Wicks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 05, 2010 Feb 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is a driver producing the PostScript? If so, then it should be downloaded a part of the generated PostScript.

If you are hand-crafting such PostScript and getting it to the printer some other way, you will need to get the font into your PostScript stream.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2010 Feb 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Our applications sends postscript file raw to printer, bypassing the driver.

How does one get the font into the postscript stream?

Alternative would be to load on printer?

Dale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines