• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing BoundingBox

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2009 Mar 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to create a workflow through which non-Adobe Windows XP users can create EPSs from MS Excel charts and graphs.

I'm successful doing this with the Adobe Generic PostScript Driver *except* that the BoundingBox is the size of a letter when I bring the resulting EPS into InDesign.

Is there a way to edit the BoundingBox out using a basic text editor? Or, is there a way to set the bounding box to be the same size of the chart?

It would be great is there was a simple process that I could communicate to non graphics people.
TOPICS
Programming

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not simply have the users create PDFs of the charts from Excel and
then bring those into InDesign? Or if you really need EPS files, one
can always save a PDF as an EPS from Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the real problem isn't InDesign but the system that we'll be uploading the EPSs to. The system dynamically pushes to InDesign and doesn't accept PDFs.

I'm really left with EPS as my only option and therefore need to remove the BoundingBox before I upload to the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One way to achieve what you want is to save your stuff as PDF, then crop the PDF page(s) as needed and

save the cropped pages as EPS using Acrobat.

Surely this is sort of "workflow by hand" but – under Windows – a fairly reilable procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines