• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

View FitB not working in DOCVIEW pdfmark.

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am used below Post Script code to set the PDF Initial view Magnification be Fit Width but it won’t work.

[ /PageMode /UseOutlines /Page 1 /View [/FitB] /DOCVIEW pdfmark

But when I am tried for Fit Page it will work

Script for Fit Page (Working)

[ /PageMode /UseOutlines /Page 1 /View [/Fit] /DOCVIEW pdfmark

Script for Fit Width (Not Working)

[ /PageMode /UseOutlines /Page 1 /View [/FitB] /DOCVIEW pdfmark

Note:

When I am tried in alternative way with help of {Catalog}  /PUT pdfmark the Fit Width will work but not updated in Initial View  Magnification field. But Fit Page will work and also updated in the Initial View  Magnification field.

Script for {Catalog} Fit Page:

[ {Catalog} <<View [/Fit]/Page 1>> /PUT pdfmark

Script for {Catalog} Fit Width:

[ {Catalog} <<View [/FitB]/Page 1>> /PUT pdfmark

When I am open this same PDF in Adobe Reader the zoom level will be in FIT WIDTH only for {Catalog} Fit Width.

Screen shot for Fit Page.

sc-11.JPG

sc-22.JPG

Screen shot for Fit Width.

sc-33.JPG

sc-44.JPG

From the above screen shot I am marked in red color for your clarification,

I hope you all understand my problem.

So please give solution for this problem.

Regard

Thirusanguraja Venkatesan

TOPICS
Programming

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The manual for PDFMark does not say that "FitB" means fit width...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok any way i am got solution Test Screen,

Here my postscript script:

[ /PageMode /UseOutlines /View [/FitH -32768]/Page 1 /DOCVIEW pdfmark

[ {Catalog} <</ViewerPreferences<</DisplayDocTitle true>>/PageLayout/OneColumn>> /PUT pdfmark

Above postscript code was i am used to get my PDF Document Properties - > Initial View as

Document Option

• Show: Bookmarks Panel and Page
  • Page Layout: Continuous
  • Magnification: Fit Width

Window Options

• Show : Document Title

I hope my statement is true because it working.

Note:

But i am have one doubt in the above coding i can't understand meanning of /View [/FitH -32768]

if you can could you explain me.

but any way i am got output.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me ask you 3 questions

1. Where did the form /FitH -32768] come from? I can't recommend using formats not described in the official document.

2. How did you come to use /FitB ? It looks to me very clearly wrong from the document.

3. What version of the PDFMark Reference Manual are you using to work from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I am created one pdf and set the Fit Width using Acrobat and saved, later i am opened that pdf file in one text editor I saw the value for the Fit Width, So only I am tried this same value in PS and generated PDF, as per my expectation I am got Fit Width
  2. pdfmark reference V9.0 Page no: 29 under [Document open options (DOCVIEW)] in that example they used /View [/XYZ null null null] instated of this Fit type, I am referred page 48 for FIT type and replaced.
  3. pdfmark reference V9.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reference, we can now be looking at the same document.

1. That sounds a good approach except... it doesn't match what the documentation says. The danger is that non-Adobe PDF viewers, which follow the documentation only, won't behave at all correctly.

2. I still don't understand why you chose FitB, which is described as "Fit the bounding box of the page contents to the window". This is clearly (to me) not the same as "fit width". And on the same page, 48, there is a key that is described as "Fit the width of the page to the window", which is what "fit width" means to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. ok I agree with your point, What is correct approach to get Fit Width?, Could you please provide me correct syntax.

2. Exactly your are correct Test Screen, I am go with your points as per documentation (“Fit the bounding box of the page contents to the window”).

Lets I am used [/Fit] for the Fit Page and similarly I thought that [/FitB] will work relevant to Fit Width but I am sure about it is not for Fit Width, just one logical thinking. So only I am tried as per my logical conclusion and I am got out put Fit Width in only View menu(shown in screen shot) not in Initial View magnification field, so only I am confused let decided to asked you ok. But I am clear about the documentation.

If I am done any mistake or lake of my knowledge please for give me and guide me in correct way.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2013 Jun 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the same page, 48, there is a key that is described as "Fit the width of the page to the window", which is what "fit width" means to me.

I do not know how to make this clearer. Read the documentation, I've even told you what page!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello sir,

Are you coming to say about "FitH" is it?

/View [/FitH top]

In my previous post(2) I am used FitH for the Fit width, with top value -32768 ok, just I am asked you please conform whether can I use “FitH” for set Fit type “Fit Width” is it correct or wrong?

Then what’s wrong with you I can’t understand please clear me and advice me if I am done any mistake.

Is there is any more suggestion for me?

Can I go with FitH for set Fit Type “Fit Width”?

Thanks and Regads,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually in my first post I am used FitB by miss understanding or my lake of knowledge but  later in my post 2, I got solution and I am posted correctly know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry. I got myself confused halfway through this, mixing reading the document and remembering it, and so I have wasted some of your time. Apologies.

The various Fit... keys are confusing. The problem is FitH, which I tend to remember as "Fit Height", which it isn't.

FitV - fit vertical - so, fit the height (vertical aspect) of the page

FitH - fit horizontal - so, fit the width (vertical aspect) of the page

So let's look at FitH

[ /FitH top ] will fit the width of the page, but it might be that the page is too tall to entirely fit, and top describes which part of the page to look at.

If you want to go to the top of the page just set top to the height of the page in user units, and it will work [strictly speaking, set it to the largest Y value in the MediaBox but that is usually the same]. By contrast, setting 0 should make sure that the bottom of the page is visible [subject to similar conditions]. But actually, in continuous view, you see the start of the next page. There isn't really a way to say "fit the bottom of the page".

But what about -32768? I have experimented and it seems to mean the same as the height of the page. No doubt there is some special magic in Acrobat, but since it is not documented, I'd seriously avoid it and use the actual height.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ya surely Test Screen,

Thanks for your patient response and feedback.

I am agree with your points as per document you explained clearly thanks for your supporting I am clear about FitH and so on everything as per the document as well as your brief clarification.

Thank you very much, we expecting  your supporting to be continue with same care and patient.

Me to ask sorry if I am done any mistake in this discussion,

Thanks & Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines