Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which is This Type of Post SCript

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a query which I searched on internet a lot, but didn't find the answer.

What type of Post script file is this (Attached here in this link)

Dropbox - 1000251580.ps

I see different software produces different type of Ps, of which I found this type to be most small in Size

How can I convert my existing PDF file to such type of PS  ?

Is there any software application or Code to create such PS from PDF Programatically  ?

Kindly Guide

TOPICS
Programming

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't a Post script file, but rather a PostScript file.  

It appears to be generated by something other than a standard Windows or MacOS driver, but rather by some application-specific driver.

It is invalid in terms of proper printing or ability to create PDF since it has a built in reference to a font named Arial-Bold, a font that is neither installed on your computer (Windows or MacOS) or on PostScript printers; i.e. it references such a font but doesn't define that font in the PostScript stream. If you try to distill with Acrobat Distiller, it fails with “font not found” and if you try to print, you end up with Courier. The proper host PostScript font name is Arial-BoldMT. For PostScript 3 printers that have Arial Bold as a resident font, the proper PostScript font name is also Arial-BoldMT.

Why are you trying to produce PostScript files? That is so 20th Century.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Department for Which I work is still working in old Dates so is the postscripts,Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines