• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Distiller shows error "limitcheck; OffendingCommand: save" while GhostScript doesn't

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't create pdf using Distiller from latex (dvi -> [dvips] ->ps) made document. This is simple file drawing tree (attached test.ps) but it uses to many save/restore operations. But Ghostscript (ps2pdf) has no problem with this file. Problem is that publisher requires to use Adobe Distiller with their provided joboptions. This is not a first time I'm having this issue. I want to ask  Distiller developers can they fix it by enlarging limits or implement some configuration where user could set these limits.

Here  is my post about that problem for tree creating package https://github.com/pgf-tikz/pgf/issues/984

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The save/restore limit in Adobe PostScript interpreters has been fixed for 35 years, so far as I know. You need to reprogram your PostScript coide to work within well known limits. (Check an appendix of the PSLRM for Adobe's limits).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines