• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MIXED PAGE SIZE POSTSCRIPT TO PDF

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a postscript file that has 3 different pages sizes in it, I want to create a pdf that also has all 3 page sizes.  But when I distill it, it takes the first page size for all.  My postscript file has the correct pages sizes for each page defined in it.  Is there a way to create a pdf correctly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that you are not printing from an application to the Adobe PDF PostScript printer driver instance, but instead, already have a PostScript file with multiple page sizes. Is that correct?

If you can post the PostScript file, we can examine it to see what's going on. The functionalilty you describe should work.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached is the postscript file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“Attached” file doesn't appear. Post it on a file sharing service and provide a URL to access it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try editing reply, when I do that I do see it, it's called test.ps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it won't let me download it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you mean, would you be able to give me a url to load the file to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not how it works. You upload it, make it public/share it and give us the link. One free place you can upload to, then share, is dropbox. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you don't just need to upload it to DropBox, you have to SHARE it to get the link for us. That's a link which only works for you to see your own file. (DropBox is private until you share, luckily).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View file

Not sure if this is right, when I select share it asks for e-mail I used mine and this is the link that was in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't done this in a while, I had to check here's the trick for Dropbox:

Click Share
Go to the bottom of the Share box, to Share a link instead
Click Create link
Wait a moment... click Copy link
Now you can paste it

This link is now available to anyone who sees what you paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wild guess is that it is three EPS files concatenated, which can’t work because EPS files don’t contain page size Requests. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used a software called Inspire to create the postscript file.  If I proof using this tool it's correct but when it gets distilled it's not.  The tool is capable of creating a pdf correctly but unfortunately there are charges for creating pdfs using this tool and we have used our limit.  I'm not all that familiar with postscript how can I tell if the file has concatenated eps files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the file. I can report I was half right. It's as if they were a bunch of EPS files joined together, but isn't actually that. The file includes comments saying what the page size is intended to be, but only the first page actually does anything about it. So, because of this error, all the pages distill to the same size.

In general, if an app has direct PDF export it should be used in preference to the print-to-PDF route; many things can be lost. You can try reporting this as a bug. However, since your stated aim is to void paying for the PDF export feature, your report might not get top priority... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay, of course I sent this to my vendor and haven't heard back yet.  If I understand what you are saying the pagesize parameters in the postscript are all comments except for the first one?  I will see what they come back with and update this post then, thanks again for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines