Highlighted

Applying Per-Clip Metadata Values during Multiple Clip Ingest

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I'm trying to do:

1. Take footage from a DSLR (or anywhere, really), and transfer it to multiple destinations (main editing drive and two backups).  – I got this.

2. Tag each shot before I ingest it with the shot number and take number, and have it be applied to all the destinations when the footage is copied in. – I have no idea how to do this.

If I try to ingest all the clips at once, they are all given the same shot and take number.

If I try to ingest them one clip at a time, changing the shot and take each time, I find myself re-entering basic information (like subfolder name, over and over and over again).

If I try to modify the clip metadata after the fact, it's only modified in the primary destination (which makes the whole purpose of having a proper backup useless).

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you, sincerely, for any advice you might have.

Hi,

Thanks for writing to us.

You can create custom File Rename preset for this. In this preset define following fields.

1. Add a custom text field to define your shot number and other static text e.g. Shot-n-take-

2. Add an auto increment field to define a take number.

Please note that you can ingest multiple takes of a shot at once using this preset. To ingest takes of different shot, change the value of n as per shot number. Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Tanzeem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Applying Per-Clip Metadata Values during Multiple Clip Ingest

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I'm trying to do:

1. Take footage from a DSLR (or anywhere, really), and transfer it to multiple destinations (main editing drive and two backups).  – I got this.

2. Tag each shot before I ingest it with the shot number and take number, and have it be applied to all the destinations when the footage is copied in. – I have no idea how to do this.

If I try to ingest all the clips at once, they are all given the same shot and take number.

If I try to ingest them one clip at a time, changing the shot and take each time, I find myself re-entering basic information (like subfolder name, over and over and over again).

If I try to modify the clip metadata after the fact, it's only modified in the primary destination (which makes the whole purpose of having a proper backup useless).

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you, sincerely, for any advice you might have.

Hi,

You can create custom File Rename preset for this. In this preset define following fields.

1. Add a custom text field to define your shot number and other static text e.g. Shot-n-take-

Please note that you can ingest multiple takes of a shot at once using this preset. To ingest takes of different shot, change the value of n as per shot number. Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Tanzeem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks,

Tanzeem

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines