• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I link Prelude to proxies generated elsewhere?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've got a media server from ProMAX that automatically generates proxies. I was trying to play with ingesting the proxies and then linking to the masters. Or seeing if Premiere could also link to the proxies and then relink back to the masters. Or... I don't know. Playing with my options.

Prelude just freezes when trying to ingest the proxy files, or if I try to link existing entries to a proxy file instead. So that seems like a non-starter.

The critical part is that Prelude has the proxies, because I'm trying to build out the workflow for our writers to have access to interview footage, and our raw footage isn't going to play smoothly for them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now I'm thinking I'm also having the ingest issue. I was able to ingest a couple of MP4s from my regular workspace, but when I try to ingest from the proxy space, Prelude freezes.

So I tried ingesting MXF files from my C300, and Prelude freezes then, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources