Highlighted

Can't Ingest from Network Drives?

Participant ,
Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Prelude for the first time.  I tried to ingest some files residing on a network drive and...........it refuses to see my network drives.

Apparently I'm having the same problem as this person from a year ago..

Can't ingest files from Network Drive

1.jpg

So I have terabytes of videos that I can't load into Prelude without first copying them to my local hard drive.... 

I rebooted my computer after install (more than once) and I even rebooted my network drives.  Nothing has helped.  My network drives are easily accessible via any other program, though.  Help, please

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by MyerPj | Adobe Community Professional

It's hardly jumping thru hoops to map a drive.

You can also save a shortcut with a target of your network drive, like: \\192.168.0.11\My_NAS

In the ingest dialog double click the shortcut and it takes you right to the network drive.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't Ingest from Network Drives?

Participant ,
Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Prelude for the first time.  I tried to ingest some files residing on a network drive and...........it refuses to see my network drives.

Apparently I'm having the same problem as this person from a year ago..

Can't ingest files from Network Drive

1.jpg

So I have terabytes of videos that I can't load into Prelude without first copying them to my local hard drive.... 

I rebooted my computer after install (more than once) and I even rebooted my network drives.  Nothing has helped.  My network drives are easily accessible via any other program, though.  Help, please

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by MyerPj | Adobe Community Professional

You can also save a shortcut with a target of your network drive, like: \\192.168.0.11\My_NAS

In the ingest dialog double click the shortcut and it takes you right to the network drive.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That color scheme looks like an old version, ie: the yellow. Version numbers are always on the HELP/About screen on almost every program, it would be helpful if you included that.

You can map a network drive to your network folders or drive and then use that for the ingest.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nah, it's a brand new version.  The color is just the way Ihave my Windows 10 set up.

Yeah, I know I can map a drive letter to my network drive --- but clearly something isn't working right if I have to jump through hoops.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines