Highlighted

duplicating comment markers to subclips and vice versa.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm desperately trying to find out how to do the most basic stuff in the pinnacle of smart UI design that Prelude is.

Really frustrated by how buggy, half-baked and unintuitive mostly all adobe products seem to be, year after year.

To the question: How can I take all of the comment markers I've created within prelude timeline and 'duplicate' them instead of simly 'changing' them to sublips. I'm looking to a result in which for every comment I've made, I have an identical subclip equivalent to it as well and vice versa.

I followed a tutorial tip of adobe's ex prelude employee available online step by step and the functionality he described doesn't work anymore.

thank you

Correct answer by torchia1667 | Community Beginner

Edit:

- Prelude video tutorials and user manual documents are outdated by years and referring to functionality that changed or is simply not there anymore.

- chat support does not offer help to 'how to's' issues, despite stating that they do on customer support page.

- phone support does not offer help to 'how to's' issues, despite stating that they do on customer support page.

- Adobe representative I spoke to over the phone has no means of doing anything or referring me to anyone who can answer a simple question about their product. In the end, he has referred me to Lynda (.com) which is an independent paid-for service [!] to get an answer to my question.

- This forum is apparently the only official way of getting any sort of answer to problems or even basic functionality, which judging by other topics can go unanswered for weeks on.

Adobe, what a bad joke of a company you are.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

duplicating comment markers to subclips and vice versa.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm desperately trying to find out how to do the most basic stuff in the pinnacle of smart UI design that Prelude is.

Really frustrated by how buggy, half-baked and unintuitive mostly all adobe products seem to be, year after year.

To the question: How can I take all of the comment markers I've created within prelude timeline and 'duplicate' them instead of simly 'changing' them to sublips. I'm looking to a result in which for every comment I've made, I have an identical subclip equivalent to it as well and vice versa.

I followed a tutorial tip of adobe's ex prelude employee available online step by step and the functionality he described doesn't work anymore.

thank you

Correct answer by torchia1667 | Community Beginner

Edit:

- Prelude video tutorials and user manual documents are outdated by years and referring to functionality that changed or is simply not there anymore.

- chat support does not offer help to 'how to's' issues, despite stating that they do on customer support page.

- phone support does not offer help to 'how to's' issues, despite stating that they do on customer support page.

- Adobe representative I spoke to over the phone has no means of doing anything or referring me to anyone who can answer a simple question about their product. In the end, he has referred me to Lynda (.com) which is an independent paid-for service [!] to get an answer to my question.

- This forum is apparently the only official way of getting any sort of answer to problems or even basic functionality, which judging by other topics can go unanswered for weeks on.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
mayjain LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Torchia,

Sorry for the issues.

Actually it's not possible automatically in Prelude. You will have to manually create subclips for the same time interval as of comments on Timeline.

You can file feature requests for the things you'd like to see in Prelude at http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Please refer to the Adobe Prelude help pdf for the workflows:

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/prelude_reference.pdf

Customers' feedback is important for us. Keep writing in case of any confusion.

Thanks,

Mayjain

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines