• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting Started with Prelude

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed Premiere Pro and Prelude and am working on learning the programs, watching some of the tutorials, etc., concerning them. I have a question about Prelude and how to handle videos stored on my machine.

When bringing videos over to my PC, should I store them in the Videos folder on my machine and simply import the footage into a Premiere Pro project when need be, or should I import all the video footage into Prelude and store them in Prelude projects, using Prelude as a type of "Video Library"? Can this even be done, or is this not possible?

I'm trying to figure out the best way to store and access video footage on my PC when importing them into projects.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Hi Mallardnathan,

Thanks for your interest in Prelude.

Prelude doesn't store media files in its projects. It just creates a reference(Local path location) of imported media files inside projects.

Same media files can be imported and used in Premiere Pro without any hindrance. Clearly if you remove the media from its location, it should show the files as offline in Prelude and Premiere Pro as the reference path is devoid of the imported files.

If you use logging in media files inside Prelude, it will

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mallardnathan,

Thanks for your interest in Prelude.

Prelude doesn't store media files in its projects. It just creates a reference(Local path location) of imported media files inside projects.

Same media files can be imported and used in Premiere Pro without any hindrance. Clearly if you remove the media from its location, it should show the files as offline in Prelude and Premiere Pro as the reference path is devoid of the imported files.

If you use logging in media files inside Prelude, it will be visible inside Premiere Pro as well.

You can refer to Prelude help file for further details:

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/prelude_reference.pdf

I hope this answers your question.

Customers' feedback is v important for us. Keep writing in case of any confusion.

Thanks,

Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent. Thanks for the info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources