• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ingesting into subfolder and preserving increments?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This might be simple but cannot seem to ingest into a previously created subfolder and have the new files continue the increment from where I left off the previous time. So specifically I created a subfolder and put a bunch of files into it. Then returned the next day to try to continue adding files and it keeps asking me if I want to start a new group of filenames...  The files went from 'Nature 1' to Nature 23' and I want to add new files that start at 'Nature 24' - not start a whole new set of filename increments...

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Hi Sundance-Kid,

To ingest the files into same subfolder, choose this subfolder in Ingest window and UNCHECK "Create Subfolder" option.

Regarding file rename, I guess you use "Auto increment" in the preset. Auto increment restart with #1 with every ingest.If you want your clip # to be next what you used in last ingest please create another Rename preset with "Custom Auto Increment", It will allow you to start the number from 24 instead of 1 in next ingest.

I hope this might help you.

Thanks,

Swati

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sundance-Kid,

To ingest the files into same subfolder, choose this subfolder in Ingest window and UNCHECK "Create Subfolder" option.

Regarding file rename, I guess you use "Auto increment" in the preset. Auto increment restart with #1 with every ingest.If you want your clip # to be next what you used in last ingest please create another Rename preset with "Custom Auto Increment", It will allow you to start the number from 24 instead of 1 in next ingest.

I hope this might help you.

Thanks,

Swati

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources