Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ingesting/Renaming Media Files

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I have been having trouble with renaming media files in Prelude. I chatted online with an Adobe support agent, and he could not solve the problem.

I have a group of media files that exist within a folder that is named after the date that the media was filmed on. I want to rename the files within this folder with a new name–by date–but keep them within their original folder.

I have tried to rename the files without changing their destination, but the new file-name does not show up in the finder or EVO, only in Prelude, and when I open them in Premiere.

Can someone please tell me how I can rename so that the new file-name is reflected in the finder and EVO as well?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Hello Ethan,

Thank you for writing us.

As I understand your workflow is, Ingest media with "Rename" but without "Transfer".

In this case, name of media will only change inside Prelude and inside Premiere pro as you mentioned. The new name is saved in metadata (Dublin Core > Title).

Renaming of files on disk works as intended with simple files like QuickTime, and when Transfer Clips to Destination is enabled.

So enable transfer while ingesting will rename files on disk.

Please refer this link for more

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Ethan,

Thank you for writing us.

As I understand your workflow is, Ingest media with "Rename" but without "Transfer".

In this case, name of media will only change inside Prelude and inside Premiere pro as you mentioned. The new name is saved in metadata (Dublin Core > Title).

Renaming of files on disk works as intended with simple files like QuickTime, and when Transfer Clips to Destination is enabled.

So enable transfer while ingesting will rename files on disk.

Please refer this link for more details and keep writing.

Thanks

Nikhil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources