Highlighted

No ingest window. Where did it go?

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 10 (1809) and none of the 8. versions of Prelude show me an Ingest window when I click the Ingest button. Oh, the screen greys out like it does when the window appears on top of the main UI, but there's no window to set up the ingest. What's more frustrating is that the program acts like it IS there so the only way to get out of the program is quit Prelude via Task Manager. See, I can't hit the cancel button because the cancel button is on the window that it acts like is open but it really isn't.

Fun, huh?

This started with last fall's update and I figured it was just a bug that would get worked out. Rolled back to the CC2018 (7.1.1) version and carried on. No problems. But here we are with the latest version and the problem persists. So, I rolled back again to continue working. This does mean I have to have 2 versions of Media Encoder installed...one just for Prelude CC2018 .

I know how this program is supposed to work. It's not working right with the 8. versions. It does work right with 7.1.1.

Running both Mac and PC here. Not seeing the problem on the Mac.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

No ingest window. Where did it go?

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 10 (1809) and none of the 8. versions of Prelude show me an Ingest window when I click the Ingest button. Oh, the screen greys out like it does when the window appears on top of the main UI, but there's no window to set up the ingest. What's more frustrating is that the program acts like it IS there so the only way to get out of the program is quit Prelude via Task Manager. See, I can't hit the cancel button because the cancel button is on the window that it acts like is open but it really isn't.

Fun, huh?

This started with last fall's update and I figured it was just a bug that would get worked out. Rolled back to the CC2018 (7.1.1) version and carried on. No problems. But here we are with the latest version and the problem persists. So, I rolled back again to continue working. This does mean I have to have 2 versions of Media Encoder installed...one just for Prelude CC2018 .

I know how this program is supposed to work. It's not working right with the 8. versions. It does work right with 7.1.1.

Running both Mac and PC here. Not seeing the problem on the Mac.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?