Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organising a lot of footage

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I need some advice for a big project starting this summer. It will take a good year of work.

We've received a lot of footage from our client. The footage are finished clips wich we will have to reedit and make other movies out of it. We will also go out and shoot new scenes.

We will be three operator working on this project, so it is crusial to have a good workflow.

I would like to tag/mark (metatags) the footage, so that we can quickly find what we are looking for without watching the whole footage. Thats why I need your help to figure out a good way to work with this amount of footage. I'm aware that there will not be a perfekt way but a good way would be also okay for us 🙂

What would be to me perfect is, mark subclips with tags or comments in prelude and import it into premiere. In premiere I can either search for keywords or I see in thumbnail what I'm looking for. I could also create searching bins in Premiere to collect automatically the needed keyword. Even better would also be, to search for the footage in the finder (mac) or in explorer (win) .

Is prelude the right tool for my need? Or do I need to do it somewhere else? Bridge? Lightroom? We are only working with Videos.

Thanks for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I  have 1500 clips plus images and I am organizing in folders in Prelude. The one thing I like about Prelude is that ingestion allows me to rename, put in file date, and save to mulitple external drives.

On this project though after spending 100+ hours doing subclips and meta tags and comments, I am beginning to regret my decision to do a rough cut in Prelude. It's kind of clunky with the timeline and it's hard to fine-tune the clips. Also, in the icon view in the project windwo, after I re-order my folders alphabetically (which it does in List View automatically) it keeps reverting back to whatever system (number of files? size? dates?) Adobe has chosen. Next time I think I will use Prelude simply for ingestion and backing up and not for my rough cut.

Katharine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources