• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback degrades after a few seconds

New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble playing back ingested footage to mark subclips. Playback will preform as expected for the first second, then it begins skipping frames, and after 2 seconds the frames are refreshing in seconds. The performance degrades exponentially. I can stop Prelude and after a few seconds the viewing window will update and then I can start playing again with the same effects.

I suspected an issue with buffering since I was playing off an external magnetic drive. So I tried ingesting some clips to my internal SSD drive, but the symptoms didn't improve.

I've set the playback to 1/4 resolution, but no change.

The footage is from a GoPro (1080p 60fps h.264) so I thought perhaps it is a decompression issue. I transcoded some of the footage into 1/2 resolution 60fps in CineForm and, low and behold, this footage played back fine.

A told a colleague about the headache, and he suggested trying using Premiere Pro for reviewing footage. I didn't expect a difference, but was surprised to see Premiere could playback the footage from the external drive at full resolution without any issues.

TL;DR Does anyone know why Premiere Pro would be able to playback footage flawlessly, while Prelude sputters and fails to playback the exact same clip from the exact same device? I'd love to be able to use Prelude with the source footage in the same way I can use Premiere.

Any help or advice on troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated. I have a ton of footage to go through.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Plastic Circus,

Sorry for the problem.

We tried to reproduce this issue on our end and we face very little difference in Prelude and Premiere Pro. For this to reproduce we might need the sample clips.

Can you please share the sample clip on link .Dropbox - Submit files

Thanks,

Swati

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources