• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prelude 2018 not showing Windows video folder while trying to ingest

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allow me to first say that I searched here and the internet for the answer to this issue and could not find one. So, here is my issue;

When I go into Prelude CC 2018 and attempt to ingest my files from the Windows 10 created "Video" folder, Prelude shows all of my folders under the user account except the video folder that Windows 10 creates. See image below:

Prelude Screen.PNG

Yet in Windows explorer the Video file folder shows up. (See below screenshot)

User screenshot.PNG

So, why doesn't Prelude list the Video file folder? In order to ingest my video files I have to move them all to a folder outside of the default Windows Video folder which I prefer not to have to do. Any ideas on fixing this issue besides creating a new folder and moving over 373GB of files to a new folder location? Adobe Premiere is able to locate the Video folder, why not Prelude?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

I fixed the issue by creating a desktop shortcut and then was able to see the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Please check if the document folder is mapped if yes then try to ingest from mapped location. you can check the mapping setting in Video or Document folder properties.(Right clicking on the folder and choose properties in windows explorer.

Regarads

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I fixed the issue by creating a desktop shortcut and then was able to see the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources