• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prelude CC 2017 crashes on launch

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to latest version of Prelude CC, Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5.  Prelude crashes on launch every time -- the splash screen shows and it cycles through all the plugins, and then right before the actual app windows open, it will crash.

I've uninstalled the app, used CC cleaner, deleted everything in the Prelude Preferences folder, restarted, reinstalled the app, but it still crashes in the same place every time.

My next step will be to revert to the previous version but would love an answer on this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update -- previous version of Prelude works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was also a new update yesterday (June 15th), but it still crashes every time I try to open the program.

I am also running Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5 (16F2073)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution to this, thanks to Adobe Support:

Turn off iCloud Drive for Desktop & Documents Folders

On your Mac, go to: System Preferences -> iCloud -> iCloud Drive -> Options the uncheck Desktop & Documents Folders

Otherwise, your system settings are stored on iCloud and Adobe can't access them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I don't have that option checked (never have), and it's still crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Schuurmann,

Sorry for the problem.

Can you try deleting preferences and check? it will delete the saved browsed locations/preferences.

Win:  C:\Users\[***]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Prelude

Mac:  ~\Library\Application Support\Adobe\Prelude\

I hope it help.

Thanks,

Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Mayjain.

Deleting preferences does not help.  Right now 6.0.2 is the latest version that works for me.  The weird thing is that I can install later versions (6.1.1 or 6.1.2) and they launch fine the first time, but then when I launch a second time, they always crash, and even if I delete preferences, I can't get them to work again (they always launch and then crash after the splash screen).

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources