• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prelude changing file to READ ONLY. Cannot add markers

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with .MTS files in Prelude, logging clips.  Manually moved files to destination directory and injested files into project in prelude. Everything was working fine creating subclips until it stopped. The first time the error occurs is always when I set the out point for a new subclip. I get the following error:

"The file 000878.MTS.xmp cannot be saved, because it is READ ONLY. Try re-opening the project."

Capture.JPG

I have closed and reopened Prelude. Saved the project as a copy. Booted and rebooted the computer. I can add markers to other files in the project until the error presents itself, then I can no longer add markers.

The file, when viewed from explorer, is read/write and available to everyone on the system.

Prelude CC 2017

6.0.1 (3) build

Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit

Intel Core 17-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz

16 GB Ram

Video: GeForce GTX 970

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Hi Flowjuggler,

Sorry for the problem.

I confirm this issue occurs while logging media files. We are looking into this.

Customer feedback is very important for us. Keep writing in case of any confusion.

Thanks,

Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Flowjuggler,

Sorry for the problem.

I confirm this issue occurs while logging media files. We are looking into this.

Customer feedback is very important for us. Keep writing in case of any confusion.

Thanks,

Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any resolution found for this issue yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jaycupinabox,

Sorry for the problem.

We have recently released an update for Prelude. Please install it from CC, if not already done.

Inform me if you still face this issue.

I hope it help.

Thanks,

Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mayjain,

I have same problem with Prelude.

Do you know something more about this issue now?

Thanks for your answer.

Lukas K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I solve this problem,

you must change permissions for folder where you have source files.

Because your system must have write permissions for this folder.

This change you can set in CMD.

Here is description of procces:

To view or to remove the Read-only or the System attributes of folders in Windows Vista or Windows 7

Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then press ENTER..

To view the syntax for the Attrib command, type attrib /? at the command prompt.

To remove the Read-only attribute and to set the System attribute, use the following command:

attrib -r +s drive:\<path>\<foldername>

For example, to remove the Read-only attribute and to set the System attribute for the C:\Test folder, use the following command:

attrib -r +s c:\test

Be aware that some programs may not operate correctly with folders for which the System attribute and the Read-only attribute are set. Therefore, use the following command to remove these attributes:

attrib -r -s drive:\<path>\<foldername>

For example, to remove both the Read-only and the System attributes from the C:\Test folder, use the following command:

attrib -r -s c:\test

If the Run command is not listed on the Start menu, do the following:

Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then click Run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources