• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prelude has wrong Creation Date when using File Rename for AVCHD

Contributor ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Prelude to ingest AVCHD files. They're fresh on the card, unaltered, still in their containers. I pull them out of the camera and put them right into Prelude.

When I use any form of the Creation Date in the renaming presets, Prelude uses the ingest date instead of the creation date.

For example, today, 4/5/2017, I'm ingesting something I shot on 3/29/2017 using a preset with the YYYYMMDD (Creation Date) preset component. The date reads as 20170405, todays date, not the correct creation date 20170329.

If I use the Ingest Date preset, I get the same date.

How do I get Prelude to use the correct creation date?

Attached screen shot shows a corner of the Finder window wit the AVCHD file info and the preset window in Prelude.

Shooting with Panasonic AG-ACxx line of cameras.

Editing in Adobe CC 2017 on Mac OSX.

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 11.00.23 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your interest in Prelude.

Are you not seeing the Creation Date of media files in project panel after ingest ?

Renaming files_AVCHD1.PNG

The ingest screen you have shared only shows the SAMPLE, not what you see in project panel after ingest.

Please mention the Prelude version from About Adobe Prelude screen and also the Mac OS version.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Mayjain

Edit 1 : changed the screenshot. Apparently the first screenshot had some mismatching in dates.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your interest in Prelude.

Are you not seeing the Creation Date of media files in project panel after ingest ?

Renaming files_AVCHD1.PNG

The ingest screen you have shared only shows the SAMPLE, not what you see in project panel after ingest.

Please mention the Prelude version from About Adobe Prelude screen and also the Mac OS version.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Mayjain

Edit 1 : changed the screenshot. Apparently the first screenshot had some mismatching in dates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well THAT's embarrassing.

Yes. After ingesting, the correct creation date is shown in the renamed file. The preview date is wrong and I assumed that the preview was showing the date that would be written to the file since it's a specific date not a generic representation.

I've been using this workflow for months. I should have checked back to see what it's been doing. I just today noticed that the sample was showing todays date no matter the file or the preset so I thought there was a bug.

For usability I'd highly recommend a different sample date in the preview for each preset option. Showing the same date (ingest date) for both preset options (creation date and ingest date) is misleading and confusing.

I'm not sure what the best solution for that would be.  Showing the specific creation date of one file when many are selected could be just as confusing. Maybe something obviously neither today's date nor a specific creation date would be more clearly interpreted as an example rather than data that will be used. For example Creation Date YYYYMMDD could be represented by 19990101 always, no matter the selected file or use the letters YYYYMMDD in the sample name?  Maybe italicize the date portion to show that it's representative not actual? Some way of visually differentiating Creation Date from Ingest Date presets.

Thanks tons for your quick and correct reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Michael for your suggestion.

I understand your concern and will certainly discuss this with my team.

Customers' feedback is very important for us. Keep writing in case of any issue.

Thanks,

Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources