• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prelude - Ingest Panel Layout

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to save a default layout for the ingest panel, so I don't have to adjust the left-side directory tree every time I launch the panel?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Hi,

I see what you are saying now. I misunderstood you and thought you were referring to the Project panel. You'll have to file a feature request. Kindly do so on the User Voice site in the Premiere Pro category. Sorry about that! Premiere Pro: Hot (2160 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Banjar1,

Can you please explain which layout are you talking about in Ingest Panel?

If you are mentioning that same location should open from which you ingested media last time, that is already implemented. Also, if you wanted to see the locations(folders) you visit most often, you can see these locations in the dropdown which is present at the left top corner in the Ingest Panel.

Thanks,

Swati

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open the ingest window, the layout is the arrangement of the panels in the window.  Unlike many Adobe apps, this layout is not adjustable (no moveable panels). You can only re-size the panels. The default width of the left (directory tree) panel is too narrow. But if you re-size it, your size adjustments are forgotten when you close the ingest panel.  The next time you open the ingest panel, you have to re-size again.

My question is, can you save the default layout so the left-side directory tree 'remembers' to be wide when opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi banjar1,

You can create a new workspace with a wider layout for the Ingest panel. I just tried it and it works great.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I open the ingest window, do the column adjustments, and try to save the workspace, it won't let me because focus is on the ingest window. If I adjust the ingest window the way I want it, close the ingest window and save the workspace, it opens with the default column width, not the new settings. I'm trying to save adjustments of the ingest window, not in the Prelude main workspace.  I can't figure out ANY way to save the column settings for the INGEST (not Prelude main) window.

1) Click Ingest button
2) Adjust width of directory tree column (on left)
3) Close ingest window
4) Open ingest window - column has reverted to original width.

If, instead of closing the window, you try to save a workspace first, you can't......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I see what you are saying now. I misunderstood you and thought you were referring to the Project panel. You'll have to file a feature request. Kindly do so on the User Voice site in the Premiere Pro category. Sorry about that! Premiere Pro: Hot (2160 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources